LVPCA Student Membership Benefits
Lehigh Valley Psychological and Counseling Association is a non-profit organization of over 200 professionals and students in the field of psychology who work together to advance psychology as a science, profession, and a means of promoting human welfare.
Start to build your vita now by becoming more involved in the field and local community. LVPCA can help you do that! Here are some of the opportunities we provide:
- Publish your research. You may submit your work to our LVPCA Quarterly for a possible publication. If accepted, you are eligible for the LVPCA Annual $100 Student Award.
- Do a Research Poster Presentation. Present your research at our annual Fall Colloquium which is held at a local college.
- Attend an APA-approved Continuing Education Program. All members are put on a mailing to list to receive information about upcoming programs. Approximately four programs are offered locally per year. Topics include assessment and treatment of psychological problems, counseling, theories and approaches, ethical issues, supervision, pharmacology, managed care, practice-building, research, etc.
Becoming a member of the Lehigh Valley Psychological and Counseling Association (LVPCA) also has many benefits for those students of psychology and counseling including:
- Receive a Student Discount. Student members receive a discount attendance fee for LVPCA sponsored programs.
- Student ID required.
- Win a Student Program Grant. Student members may apply to have the attendance fee waived for one LVPCA sponsored program.
- Student members may apply to have the attendance fee waived for one LVPCA sponsored program. Contact the current SASA chair for more information on how to apply for the student program grant.