Becoming a member of the Lehigh Valley Psychological and Counseling Association (LVPCA) has many benefits for those with Master’s and Doctoral degrees, including:
- APA-approved Continuing Education Programs. All members are put on a mailing to list to receive information about upcoming programs. Approximately four programs are offered locally per year. Topics include assessment and treatment of psychological problems, counseling, theories and approaches, ethical issues, supervision, pharmacology, managed care, practice-building, research, etc. Members receive a reduced rate for these programs.
- LVPCA directory lists all of our members, their licensure status or primary professional role.
- Subscription to the LVPCA Quarterly which features articles on timely topics and information on current events in the local psychological community. Article contributions and advertisements are welcome. Advertising in the newsletter is free for members.
- Subscription to the LVPCA List serve in which you can receive and post e-mail messages to all of our members.
- Peer Consultation Groups are run through our Practitioners Affairs committee.
- Professional committee service. Each year you are welcome to join one of our committees to become more involved.
- Become a guest presenter. You can deliver psycho-educational presentations for professionals, students, and the community through our Speakers Bureau.
- Increased Contact and Networking