Sept 15, 2017
Room 311 at PSU Lehigh Valley Campus
Title of Program: Suicide Prevention: Identifying Risk and Implementing Assessment Tools *
Note – this program will satisfy PA Act 74 Licensure requirement for Psychologists
Presenter’s Name and Title: Dr. Emily Scordellis, Mental Health Regional Manager at PrimeCare Medical, Inc.
Number of CEs: 1
Registration will begin at 10:00am; Program will begin promptly at 10:30am until 11:30am.
(1) Participants will be able to identify at least 5 client factors that correlate with suicide risk.
(2) Participants will be able to utilize and describe the importance of standardized suicide assessment tools in efforts to prevent suicide.
(3) Participants will be able to explain procedures for facilitating crisis response services.
The morning program will be followed by informal networking lunch from 11:30 to 12:30:
Program attendees will have the option to remain on campus for an informal networking lunch between the morning and afternoon CE programs. Attendees may choose to bring lunch or order a ticket for the catered lunch option. Catered lunch menu will include: fresh garden salad, pizza, assorted sandwiches and wraps, coffee, water, iced tea, and assorted cookies. Price is $15.00 per person for catered lunch.
Title of Program: Presence: An essential pathway to psychological healing and spiritual awakening
Presenter’s Name and Title: Dr. James Strohl – licensed psychologist, Certified Focusing Coordinator, and psycho-spiritual teacher in Bethlehem, PA
Registration will begin at 12:30pm; Program will begin at 1:00pm – 4:30pm
Number of CEs: 3
Attendees will be able to :
(1) Describe how presence influences the therapeutic relationship and session outcomes.
(2) Identify three stages of awareness associated with presence.
(3) Differentiate the experiencer (observer) from that which is experienced (observed).
Oct 6, 2017
[12:30 to 4:00] at Lehigh Valley Penn State Campus
Title of Program: Presence: Self Care as an Ethical Responsibility
Presenter’s Name and Title: Susan D. Rego, Ph.D. – licensed clinical psychologist in Allentown, PA
This program satisfies the 3 ethics CEs required for psychologists by this November, and for social workers, LPCs and LMFTs by February 2019
- Understand why self-care is an ethical responsibility
- Name the different types of self-care
- Discuss three obstacles to self-care
October 19, 2018 – Stephen Betchen and Heather Davidson: Master Conflict Theory in Action: A Model for Integrating Couples and Sex Therapy [12:30 to 4:00pm] at Lehigh Valley Penn State Campus
MORE INFORMATION TO COME